Headlines

10-Year-Old Boy Wounded in the Head after Shopping Mall Aircon Grille Falls on Him

redwire-singapore-aircon-grille-bedok-mall

An aircon diffuser grille that came dislodged at Bedok Mall fell on a 10-year-old boy, wounding him in the head.

The incident took place on Monday (27 May) at about 2.30pm.

The boy was having lunch with his father at the Pepper Lunch restaurant when he was struck, leaving bold red streaks on his head.

The grille is estimated to be about half a kilogram heavy.

The boy’s father, 46-year-old Mr Wu, drove him to KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital.

Said Mr Wu:

“I was using my handphone to check emails when I heard a loud sound. I looked up and saw my son holding his head and saying that he was in pain.”

Doctor’s applied ointment to the boy’s head, and he was given 5 days of medical leave from school.

Perhaps on a positive note… June holidays came early?

Mr Wu has made a police report regarding the incident.

He says that he wants to prevent an occurrence like that from happening again.

 

 

1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Celin

    June 8, 2019 at 10:37 am

    Claim against the MCST of that mall. Talk to your insurer or lawyer. Is not just to cover medical.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

To Top