The AVA has issued a statement saying that it is working with the Singapore importer of the milk tea to recall the product, a month after they hit the shelves.
That’s because the milk tea contains L-theanine, which isn’t on the list of permitted food additives in Singapore.
However, those who have had their fill of the milk tea need not be alarmed – it’s not poisonous, nor does it pose a food risk.
L-theanine is an amino acid commonly found in tea.
Scientific studies have shown that can help in cancer prevention.