Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Across the Causeway

One Dead Another in ICU After Eating Pufferfish Bought from Facebook Seller

An 84-year-old has died from eating pufferfish bought from a fishmonger on Facebook.

Her husband is now hospitalised in the intensive care unit after eating the same fish.

The incident took place on Sat (25 Mar) in Chemak Village, Johor.

The elderly couple ate the pufferfish for lunch.

Later in the afternoon, they started shivering and experienced difficulty breathing.

The couple’s son discovered them in that state when he went home to clean the fish tank in their house.

He sent the elderly couple to Kluang hospital.

His mother died despite attempts to save her.

An autopsy report showed that she had suffered food poisoning.

Malaysian authorities have advised the public to be careful about what they eat, especially food with known health risks.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Copyright © 2023 Redwire Singapore